Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Find the truth

I saw STATE OF PLAY the other night and I have to say I found it truly impressive.
The story is highly enthralling, full of twists and turns. The screenplay clever, the dialogue real. Amazing directing, great cinematography and... MY FAVORITE PART, PEOPLE!!!!! THE CHARACTERS AND THE ENSEMBLE CAST WHO PLAY THEM. They are all so textured and three-dimensional, so profound and superficial. So full of contradictions. I could not get enough of them.
The tag-line for the movie is "find the truth" and I think suits it perfectly not only thematically but also because this is what they've achieved with the movie itself: They have found the truth and that is very inspiring!
A must-see for anyone interested in the performing arts and the craft of movie-making.

No comments: